Short & Sweet
If the idea of getting married in front of a castle or at a fancy hotel strikes you as a touch over the top, then the Merridale Cidery and Distillery might be the perfect venue for your wedding. This secluded cidery & distillery is just a little ways up Vancouver Island from Victoria in the area of Mill Bay.
Personality: Rustic, Natural Beauty, Secluded, Farm to table, Craft Cider & Spirits
- 50 to 150 guests in the Summer
- 65 to 125 guests in the Winter
- Seclusion has its perks, not needing to worry about keeping the neighbours up means that the party won’t get shut down early!
- Family style dining (sharing plates as opposed to buffet style)
- Fully covered ceremony pavilion means that you don’t have to worry about a rainy day
- Outdoor patio complete with heat lamps and roll down curtains to keep things toasty
- Farmhouse banquet hall
- Everything is all in one place, which means no running around from ceremony to reception
The big day starts by getting ready in the bridal suite Yarlington Yurt. Complete with beautiful wood paneling, fireplace and clawfoot tub, these spacious Yurts have a charming and rustic ambiance.
Merridale's massive ceremony pavilion is the perfect setting for your big moment. The massive cover provides protection from sun or rain and the flowing white sheets exude elegance. Enjoy cocktails immediately after the ceremony with bar service right under the satin tent.
With Merridale's natural beauty, there are so many great locations for the perfect shot. Whether it's in the apple orchard, with the old chevy or on a tree lined walkway, this secluded Vancouver island venue has it all. Also, don't forget to check out the beautiful distillery with its towering oak barrels!
While many couples dream of having a summer wedding, you may want to consider fall as Vancouver island's autumn brings out an array of beautiful fall colours.
Tasty food, drinks and dancing. Merridale has it all in one place so you and your guests are only a hop and a skip away from the reception! With its gorgeous Farmhouse banquet hall and heated outdoor patio. You'll be dancing the night away with the sunset in the background.
Photos by Marlboro Wang Photo & Ooh Ooh Darling Photography